THANK YOU.

Thank you for your interest. On Friday afternoon when I hit publish on my latest blog entry, I did so thinking that maybe a few of my embarrassingly small following would read it. I haven't posted on my blog or Facebook in nearly a year, so when the stats on readers coming here skyrocketed on Saturday night, I got a little spooked.

I shared my daughter's three year experience with bullying, sexual harassment, and indecent assault. I would love nothing more than to scream her experience from the rooftops, but fear she's not ready for that kind of exposure. We're still healing and there's a big difference in comfort level between 200 Facebook followers (none in our town), and an unknown number of complete strangers. 

HOWEVER, as a family, we've been discussing the pros and cons of republishing and she feels that taking my blog post down gives power to people responsible. I admire my girl's courage to share but will actively protect her privacy.

Thank you for your kindness and empathy. We've become so isolated within our community and lives over the past few years that it all came as a bit of a shock.  Above all, it feels really good to know that there is still kindness in the world.

Best to you.

Comments

Popular Posts